Happy new year, and welcome to the first Liv-ex newsletter of 2016
The Liv-ex Fine Wine 100 Index closed December up 0.65%, leaving it down just 0.1% for the year: its best performance in five years. With the Liv-ex 50 also steadily climbing over the last month, 2016 has begun on a positive note. There are a few changes to the membership terms which we highlight below. As always, please contact your Account Manager with any questions, and we wish all Liv-ex members a very happy and prosperous new year.
Read Liv-ex’s report on 2015
After four years of decline, the fine wine market stabilised in 2015. Liv-ex’s report on the year contains analysis of key themes and changes in the market, covering the performance and market share of all major regions. Read it here.
Changes to membership in 2016
SIB Passport now valid for three years
The SIB Passport is a unique electronic certificate issued by Vine to show that a case of wine is SIB compliant. It is available to all Liv-ex customers to help speed up payment time and make it more efficient to trade. This month, the life of an SIB Passport was extended from two years to three years. Contact your Account Manager to find out more.
Changes to Euro prices
Liv-ex has adjusted its Euro prices to reflect the weakness of the exchange rate. The Liv-ex membership fee, Vine and data services are now calculated using an exchange rate of 1.4. Prices in pound sterling remain unchanged. Click here to find out more.
AWRS: trading members must register by 31st March 2016
As you may already be aware, if you sell alcohol to another business you may need to apply to register for the Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme, recently introduced by HMRC. All UK-registeredtrading members of Liv-ex will need to have registered for this by 31st March to avoid penalties. Find out more here.
New team appointments
With a number of exciting new projects on the horizon, including Order Integration which will soon be entering its Beta stage of testing (contact your Account Manager to be involved), Liv-ex continues to invest in its data and technology. This month, several new members have been welcomed to the team:
- Hector Howes ([email protected]) has joined the team of Account Managers who are available to help you in any way they can; whether it is navigating the site, learning more about data feeds and Vine, or simply to talk about the market.
- Nick Palmer ([email protected]) has joined the Liv-ex Technology team as a Business Systems Analyst. Nick has a decade of experience in the UK fine wine trade, as well as stints in software development and project management
- Sam Knight ([email protected]) – an Econometrics graduate – has joined Liv-ex to develop the use of Liv-ex data.
- Greg Smart ([email protected]), a research analyst with seven years’ experience in commodity and trading analysis, will be exploring this data to expand Liv-ex’s fine wine market research and insight.
- Christopher Lembke ([email protected]) will be working at Liv-ex for six months on list matching and creating new LWINs.
The Liv-ex data service remains the same; please continue to send your lists to [email protected] or if you have an API, please let us know. Offex data can be sent to Andreas or Neil (marked confidential) and any general data queries to [email protected]. If you are not yet LWIN-compatible, or would like to find out how it enables communication between different systems, please speak to your Account Manager.
Thank you for reading
We hope that you’ve found this edition useful. As always, you can keep up to date with developments as they happen by visiting the Liv-ex noticeboard. If you have any feedback or questions on this newsletter, please email [email protected] or call +44 (0)20 7062 8788.