Our latest report, Bordeaux 2019: the value of time, has been published (in English, French and German). The report contains 25 pages of in-depth analysis and examines the Bordeaux market in light of the recently announced En Primeur postponement.
- Covid-19 disrupts the wine trade calendar and Bordeaux En Primeur tastings
- The Bordeaux 500 index has fallen 3.6% over the past year, while the region now accounts for 51% of the trade by value
- The First Growths attract the greatest liquidity, but the Second Wines lead the price performance category
- Lower supply chain profit margins lead to waning interest in buying En Primeur, while stock builds up in Bordeaux
- Harvest reports and satellite technology indicate that the 2019 vintage is abundant and “very good to excellent” in quality, particularly across the top appellations
This report, and others moving forward, will be available exclusively to Liv-ex members, who can obtain it via their Account Manager. We will not be releasing it for general circulation.
Liv-ex membership is open to merchants, wine shops, negociants, producers and wine funds.
To find out more, please click here.
If you’re a private collector or investor, your wine merchant will have the report if they are a Liv-ex member. Please ask them for details.
Selected members of the press will also be granted access to the report. If you are a journalist and would like to request access, please click here.