Each year, we ask our members that attended the tastings for their thoughts and predictions on this year’s En Primeur campaign in the form of a short survey upon their return from Bordeaux. The survey is designed to track the consensus among the best professional tasters of young Bordeaux.
The report takes a closer look at what the global wine trade thinks of this year’s campaign.
Some key findings include:
- Château Brane Cantenac tops the value for money category.
- 30% of respondents voted Saint-Émilion as the most impressive region in 2022.
- Merchants expect ex-négociant release prices to be 7.7% higher than last year on average, and 4.9% higher than 2020.
- 77% of merchants predict demand will be higher than last year.
- Neal Martin remains the most influential Bordeaux En Primeur critic.
Fill in the form below to access our complimentary report.
Liv-ex analysis is drawn from the world’s most comprehensive database of fine wine prices. The data reflects the real-time activity of Liv-ex’s 630+ merchant members from across the globe. Together they represent the largest pool of liquidity in the world – currently £100m of bids and offers across 16,000 wines.