The Liv-ex Power 100, produced in conjunction with The Drinks Business Magazine, is our annual list of the most powerful brands in the fine wine market.
The Power 100 is a snapshot of the ever-changing landscape of the secondary market and this year’s list caught Burgundy at the very height of its latest upswing.
For the first time ever, no Bordeaux wines feature in the top 10. Not a single First Growth from either bank. This year they have been totally usurped by Burgundy and Champagne.
Key findings in the report:
- Burgundy reigns supreme in this year’s Power 100, with last year’s bullish momentum rolling into this year and reflected in a continued broadening of wines traded and price rises.
- Champagne’s star continued to rise, with quality and value being the key drivers.
- For the first time ever there are no Bordeaux labels in the top 10.
- Bordeaux’s price performance was overshadowed by Burgundy and Champagne, but the First Growth’s held their own in terms of value traded.
- The Italian surge abated a little, but Tignanello put in a stellar performance.
- All the brands in the top 100 have risen in price in what has been a blistering trading environment.
To download your complimentary copy of the full rankings and report, fill in the form below.