Liv-ex (The London International Vintners Exchange) was founded in 1999. It operates a business to business electronic wine-trading platform, charging a commission on each transaction. With more than 440 merchants in 35 countries sales have grown rapidly to £50m.
Due to an internal change, Liv-ex is looking to recruit a Data Analyst to be part of a commercially focused data team, responsible primarily for data quality, reporting, and liaising with customers to obtain their stock lists. The culture of the company is hard working, committed yet informal, energetic and action oriented. If you are a reliable and knowledgeable Data Analyst or have the skills to develop in this role, and would relish the opportunity of working in a role which is at the core of our operations then this opportunity is for you.
Working alongside the Data Operations team, Exchange managers and Data Insights Manager this role performs a key function of the Data Team, ensuring the quality of our data is maintained, providing reports to the wider business and responsible for sourcing data from our members. Key elements include developing relationships with members (customers) so they provide to us their stock lists on a regular basis, process development, data content enhancement and data quality management and monitoring.
- Ownership and curation of the live-DB content
- Data quality management and monitoring (including setting of KPIs)
- Customer liaison (developing relationships to improve our supply chain)
- Project owner for L-WIN related products and services
- Project owner for Liv-ex data and process improvement projects (identifying and reporting bugs)
- Ad-hoc data validation and reports
- Liaising with other departments in order to best support the Data Team and wider business
- Significant understanding of relational databases, especially MySQL
- Strong SQL query writing experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access including VBA
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining dashboards for non-technical users
- Educated to degree level in a related subject
- Highly fluent in English, both technical and conversational
- Project management experience
- Experience in the collection and curation of transactionally generated data
- General understanding of software lifecycles and architecture techniques
- Working knowledge of Qlikview or other Business Analytics tools
- Experience of working with trading data
- Experience of working with unique industry IDs
- Experience of working in a testing environment
- Experience of working with remote-based data teams
Competitive salary. There is likely to be a bonus based on company performance.
BUPA/ life/ income protection cover.
CPlease note: The selection process will include a technical test covering SQL query writing, MS Excel, MS Access and MySQL knowledge.
To apply, or for further information, please email Head of Data Neil Taylor.